Saturday, February 10

Dead Scotsman

Why did the Scotsman go over the cliff?
Because he couldn't make the ewe turn.

I forgot to mention how much my backward earring pissed me off. They are sold in pairs to frame a person's face. Your left eye lashes don't swoop to the right, do they? Thus when I saw the little pewter sheep hanging on the card like a school of fish, I hesitated. Not for long mind you, the urge to own all-things-knitting is strong. But every time I put them on I tried to check on the "which ear" thing. Cruel reality would slap my hand and shove the nearest woolly into the slot.

Waaaah.

Then in a moment of crystal genius I thrust them at Jody(in the rain no less, and with her arms full - but she is the craft goddess and I grabbed my chance) and asked her to make the ewe turn. Okay okay. Really bad use of the phrase as seen above. But I put them back in for the first time this morning because I'm taking a beginning Crochet class. Fiber folk might appreciate my sheepies. I had my glasses on and their cute little faces were like tiny bookends. Dancing in to the mirror, I took a peek at 'em.





Jody(as Ahhnold might say)
made my day.

No comments: