Wednesday, February 14

He Loves Me... and a triumph

This was what Bobby brought home to me Saturday when my crochet class was canceled. It is a Strawberry and Pistachio Tart. He didn't even know the class had been canceled. As Maria sang "I must have done something good".

This morning as he trudged off to shovel the slush, he left these on my desk. Now last night Saint Valentine decided that lovers needed a little wintery mix to encourage snuggling. All Bobby had to say was he was sorry he couldn't get the "good stuff", you know ... exotic chocolates from DC or Timonium or Swaziland.




Sheesh.




My favorite organic dark chocolate - Bug Bites, 70% Italian cocoa, organic dark chocolate coffee beans and a single perfect Schmidt truffle. All this in a Jeff Gordon tin. (the little crispy chocolates in the shape of little race cars are tucked away somewhere he told me on the phone) And the day isn't over.

Now then.

Yesterday I completed my journey with my slubby treasure. I cast on Monday night while Jack Bauer saved the world on 24 and couldn't wait until I could get my little hands back on the needles so I started again at 7 in the morning. It is Impressive! All the colors and the rayon cord running with it give it an air of difficulty far beyond it's design. I used the free pattern 2 hour hat by Allison Blevins at tangleyarn .

My only reason to pout is that I didn't have enough string for the hat that I wanted. I had to settle for a very wide headband. My apologies to the designer for the alteration. The blasted turnip wouldn't bleed. As to the title of the hat, unfortunately her clock and mine have never met. Still, a F.O. in about nine hours of VERY casual knitting in front of the TV with several breaks is impressive for me. I was really finished by one-ish then tinkered far too long with the bind off. It has a nice stretch and I toyed with pulling it all out carefully and casting on with 5 fewer stitches to try for the hat. This would allow me to stay in pattern for the decrease.

Naaaah!

The upswing is I am now emboldened to address my other slubby yarn - a downy soft pink from the Minnesota State Fair. There's a lot more of it in that hank, so it will be a hat. I'll use the "(more than)2 hour hat" pattern by Ms. Blevins again - since I know It fits!

I set a time limit on my 43Things to "Knit a hat with my yarn from MSWF" before the next MSWF or no plastic for me. Whew! Another one bites the dust.


I leave you with a winter pictorial of baby squirrels and pop corn.

No comments: