Thursday, February 8

Oh yeah, my blog

I forget how it came up tonight, but I was reminded I have a knitting blog. I shouldn't neglect you so. My humble apologies. Have a cookie. I was also reminded (again) why I bring only straight knitting to K1P2. There I was doing a Warm Up America block. A simple block. Well, a garter stitch block with a tiny bit of seed stitch border to give it character. Just four tiny stitches on each end right? Piece o' cake.

Wrong.

Let me preface this by saying the mistake was already there when I arrived today. At the hairdressers I noticed an oops where a purl stuck it's nose in the middle of a row of knits. Bad purl, no blankie. I only carry one project at a time so I tucked my cheek between my teeth and set out to fish it back through the five rows. It was my first major attempt in garter stitch repair. Eventually my feeble brain wrapped around who goes in the back door and who goes in the front
- it took about 45 minutes. Huzzah for me! Merrily I clacked along.

Until I was faced with four alien stitches at the end of a row.

No. ::blink blink:: Nono. Nonononono.

I should be looking at k,p,k,p right now. Perky little stitches just panting for my p,k,p,k. But no. They mocked me with their kkkk-ness. I'm doing just ducky fixing screw-ups in the middle, but the turn still befuddles me. I believe the added stress of seed stitch put me over the edge.

Ribbit.

No comments: