Sunday, March 11

It's Here!

Yesterday this was in our garden.


Yupper, Spring is here. The first crocus has finally come up. Had to get the camera for this one. I gotta get some Snow Crocus. They would always peek out in February. I can remember one year they bloomed on Valentines Day. I always called Grandmom when I saw the first one. She loved her garden and gave me all of the bulbs and bushes at my first house. I moved some here but I believe Grandmoms have finally all been eaten by some neighboring squirrels. (Surely not my baby squirrels). I think all of her 13 children, 26 grandchildren and plenty of other family have plants from her. The dark lilac I have is a direct descendant of the one in her yard. I still think of her and miss her so much at times like this. When Bobby and I got to the WH&G show, the fragrance was overwhelming. I sat there with my eyes closed and felt like a succubus. The flowers. The trees. The mulch. The dirt. The Koi in the pond. Yup. One of the displays had a display with Koi about 18 - 24". Beautiful.

Oh yeah. I'm done with the snow and ready for Spring.


Today we got more.

Last week Bobby showed me a sale at Ollies and we took a road trip. I picked up some pretty purple chenille by Lion Brand dirt cheap. It’s so soft. I get so cold sometimes watching TV and knitting but a blanket over my legs doesn’t help the arthritis in my neck. It’s hard to adjust a shawl with my right arm and I think a wrap that stays put when I get up to pee is perfect. I'm looking at shrug patterns. I need to swatch the chenille to be sure it doesn’t break since Holly Anne warned me some discount house yarns are notorious for that. I can take it back for store credit within 30 days. It's so lush, I hope it's okay.

I almost finished my Knit for Kids sweater Thursday. It's on a circular needle to carry the weight of the sweater and keep me from dropping a needle (besides I didn't have the required size but did have a nice set of interchangeable circs when I started it many moons ago). At K1P2 I almost blew it though. I realized I had joined my ends. D'uh... too much knitting in the round lately?

tink, tink, tink.

The good news is I am almost done. 6 more rows ought to do it. Add a little seaming on the shoulders and voila! Sweater according to pattern. Now that I know how to crochet I’m dying to try it as an edge and this sweater is the perfect project I think. One of the sleeves has a few missed k stitches at the end of a p row.

No comments: