Thursday, July 5

Fireworks

Night-blooming flowers Lucy Huntzinger used with permission
Okay, so I haven't completely retired. We went out to the car to go to the fireworks last night (I know, it was raining). I didn't want to take the lavender hat because of the decreases - in the dark. Bobby found an ancient WUA block in the Toyota so I transferred it to my car. It took me a minute to remember the pattern around the edge, that's how long ago it's been since I'd seen the poor thing. Boy! That is some huge acrylic.

I love fireworks. With the rain, lightning and threat of cancellation I wouldn't let Bobby pay ten bucks to park by the Lake. We headed to the mall parking lot with our dinner and went up the parking deck by the theater. It may not be as spectacular, but it was dry and sinus problems have been rampant in our house lately. There were others gathered and the atmosphere was festive.

We ate with the windows down and listened to someones radio as we watched the intermittent rain and lightning. People kept coming. After a delay of about thirty minutes, it stopped raining. I noticed a big puff of light in the direction of the water. That wasn't lightning. Everybody out of the cars! A modest but thoroughly enjoyable fireworks display followed. From where we were, we could hear the Ahhhs and applause from the lake. I couldn't believe it.

I leaned on Bobby and softly hummed The Star Spangled Banner.

No comments: