Tuesday, July 24

Saartje's Bootees


Thought I'd flash a picture of my Sjaartje's bootees and the little hat. Sartjee's are all the rage you know. So blasted adorable you can't help yourself from knitting up a dozen or so. Mike and Sully over there are modeling for the future little Monster.












The neatest part is I used buttons I found in my mother's old button box. Mom kept this old Tetley Tea can in the china cabinet with her sewing box. When one of our school blouses got ripped or was so threadbare from too many hand-me-downs, she would snip off the buttons and keep them for when we needed a replacement button another time. They were uniforms and always came from the same company. Other buttons were in there too, but the blouse buttons were perfect for the Sjaartje's Bootees.




And gee, if they're 40 years old or so are they antiques?





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would hope at 40 years old or so, the buttons wouldn't be antiques. If so, that makes me one. Eep! Perhaps vintage...like a fine wine? The bootees are adorable, as is the hat!