Monday, November 5

Oh Gawd. I bought yarn.

My Dad's birthday is November 10 and I decided to make him a hat with the needles he bought me last Christmas. Great planning, I know - I gotta knit this up fast. Nothing I got at Stitches was appropriate. Dang. I had to buy yarn. But it's not my fault. No! Really! Blame my husband. We were celebrating a bit this morning and my husband decided to take me to find Woolworks, a shop he says received the honor of "Best Yarn Shop in Baltimore" by City Paper. Three skeins of Noro Kureyon later, I was happy.

Two skeins of Noro is plenty for my Dad's big head. The last one will start my first square of Lizard ridge from Knitty. I'll be able to identify the block 'cause it will match my father's hat. I wanted to get my first Noro at Stitches East, but they were out before I remembered to get one. My plan is to make a square with yarn from different places I visit on vacation or to commemorate milestones of some sort. A memory Blankie. Today was the first day of my treatment for brain cancer.

A fine reason to buy yarn I think.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I can't think of any better reason to buy yarn. I had to get surgery on my hand and my hubby took me to buy yarn while I was still groggy from the anesthia (out-patient). I think he wanted me to remember why I needed to get better fast. :)

(Honestly, there are very few reasons that aren't good for buying yarn. LOL)

Nittany Knits said...

A Memory Blankie! I love it! Why didn't you come up with this sooner? I've been buying memory sock skeins. All this time I could have had a blanket instead.