Saturday, December 9

Itchy Fingers

So. We went to see our friends John and Spencer in their annual holiday extravaganza Hack and Slash Christmas Special, the Musical! at The Chesapeake Art Center. When you know someones show by heart, you forget they have other outlets for their creativity. Ginny (who remembers when I stood at the back of her shows while she danced, pointing to my grin to remind her to smile and not look down at her feet) produced a professional show. It was lovely to see Duncan and Louie from The London Broil too. To think I knew them when they were fledgelings and not even touring. Geeze, they were probably in their teens back when they were just street characters at The Maryland Renaissance Festival. Hey Nunnie Nunnie were there from Canada too. Though we never performed together, I remember speaking to them their first year at Ontario - saying 1.do it, you've got the audience even if you repeat the same show 4 times a day at first 2. record, it's where the money is and 3. do other fairs if you can. (Geez. I guess they heard me? 'Course I'm sure I wasn't the influence I think I was. Still it's nice to know I can recognize talent.) I wish I had gotten down front after the show to say hi to everyone after the show, but it was a MOB scene of pajama clad fans.

Now to my point. I'm sitting there spotting a few old friends and fellow performers in the audience before the show right? Talking with Bobby about this and that. Out of the blue my mouth opens and out comes "I wish I had my knitting". Now I was in no way bored or had much time mind you. But my sweet husband turns to me and says "You want me to go out and get it? You've got some in the car."

I love him.

No comments: