Monday, January 22

Let It Snow!


I know, I know. But I love this stuff. Yesterday when it started to come down, I had to call Bobby and my sister in California. It didn't amount to much, but Bobby still has the lights on the blue spruce he gave me. I sat here last night looking right outside my window at Christmas. Finally.
Finished a quick fingerless gauntlet. My own design. None of the patterns I saw did what I needed. I only wanted one for my right hand at the computer. Damn paralysis. I may dash off the other one now that I see how warm it is. I'll make a real pair for other use, but this fuzzy one works for my tracball. I started up by the elbow and decreased a few stitches nearer to the wrist. A hole for the thumb and knit a fairly long palm binding off tightly. My index finger goes out there and I poked my other three out along the side. I widened the holes a bit (I know, sacrilege) and it works fine.

I had been in a knitting and writing slump for a few days. I seem to get that way when I finish something. The decision of what to start next I guess. I have so many things on my list I can't decide which I'd rather start. Or rather, which is the perfect pattern. I bet I spend more time on the computer reading about knitting than I do actually working the sticks sometimes. Luckily I have no shame, guilt or humility. But there is hope. I won two sets of needles on ebay last night. 15 (count 'em fifteen) pair of 9" bamboo straight needles for $11.25 and 14 (yeesss fourteen) sets of 8" bamboo DPN for $31.54. I missed the 5" dpn, but there's another set today. I've been watching and bidding for a few days. Dad gave me money for Christmas and this is a perfect gift I will use all the time. He will be so pleased. I decided on a vendor and price range and took the plunge.

Two out of three ain't bad.

Today I'm watching my birds chowing down on some popcorn and the pineapple Bobby put out for them last night. Pineapple! The bug eaters love it. He slid a slice of rind into the suet block holder and the female woodpecker was going to TOWN on it. The wrens enjoyed it too, but not with as much gusto. They did thank me with a song afterward. It's quiet now, but I'm sure they'll be back. I got my camera out and caught a few shots but the durn pineapple is turned away from the window. Maybe I'll get Bobby to turn it around a bit for me so it really shows in a picture. The day is grey and still. Snow. Yeah.



It's cold.


I feel like knittin'.

No comments: