Sunday, January 14

I am the Empress (of Yarn?)

You are The Empress

Beauty, happiness, pleasure, success, luxury, dissipation.

The Empress is associated with Venus the feminine planet, representing:

beauty, charm, pleasure, luxury, and delight. You may be good at home
decorating, art or anything to do with making things beautiful.


The Empress is a creator, be it creation of life, of romance, of art or business. While the Magician is the primal spark, the idea made real, and the High Priestess is the one who gives the idea a form, the Empress is the womb where it gestates and grows till it is ready to be born. This is why her symbol is Venus, goddess of beautiful things as well as love. Even so, the Empress is more Demeter, goddess of abundance, then sensual Venus. She is the giver of Earthly gifts, yet at the same time, she can, in anger withhold, as Demeter did when her daughter, Persephone, was kidnapped. In fury and grief, she kept the Earth barren till her child was returned to her.

What Tarot Card are You?

Take the Test to Find Out.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh yeah, that's me holding a ball of yarn up there. Rebecca at GiantsKnitter had her results on her blog and I was forced to try it.
::turn on Twilight Zone music here::
When I read the last part about Demeter and her daughter I nearly choked on my popcorn. On a topic so very un-knitting, "Demeter's Daughter" was one of my biggest hits. A song I sang and recorded with The Bawdy Balladeers around 10 years ago, it was my personal best.


To know the daylight, you must know dark
To know the flowers, you must know weeds
You can not meet again unless you part
Or eat a pomegranate without seeds

Oh yes, it's true then that life is good
And I've learned the lesson it can teach
That you can never have all you want
And you never want what's within reach

from Demeter's Daughter by Anne Lister

How very odd and profound that I should be remembered to this piece of my past just now. I've been trying to ignore the seeds in my pomegranate for far too long.

Chicks dig metaphors.

I know, shut up and knit.

1 comment:

Noodle said...

I'm not a knitter (yet! It's on my list of things to learn!) but I've got to let you know how much I love that song. I saw the BB many time at the MD RenFest, and I have both of the cassettes. :) I was eagerly awaiting the third when I heard the group was no more.