Friday, August 24

Knitting on Public Telivision

My friend Nittany Knits wrote something on her blog that prompted me to sent this to my local public television station:


I knit. I watch television while I knit. Currently there are no knitting shows listed on Maryland Public Television's Schedule. A friend recently let me know that there are two shows available on public television which highlights the needle and fiber arts. These are Knit and Crochet Today and Needle Arts Studio. I wish to point out an article which notes

"American Public Television has picked up the show (Knit and Crochet Today) and they have received confirmation that 41% of the PBS markets that were polled, including 12 of the top 20 markets, are intending to run the show.

41% are showing it but not MPT. Currently I go to the DIY network or HGTV, for my knitting content. I didn't know there were knitting shows available on public television. Please consider carrying the new show Knit and Crochet Today which is available Fall 2007 and Needle Arts Studio which is presented by Interweave Press, a respected knitting magazine and online presence. Both shows are of great interest to me.

Thank you, I look forward to seeing both shows in the schedule soon.

If you live in Maryland and would like to do your part to bring these two knitting shows to Howard County - email Maryland Public Television at comments@mpt.org You have my permission to use excerpts from my message above if you like.

No comments: