Monday, January 14

Blame The Needles

So. I learned a valuable lesson over the past month or so. Sometimes yarn knits different with different needles - at least for me right now. I'd been trying to knit my husband a scarf with Addies and decided the gauge was off so I moved a size down. Twice. I like circs - I drop a needle fairly often - so I needed to switch to my Boye interchangables but was still having a lot of problems just feeling comfortable knitting the stuff in general. I've been periodically picking the swatch up in the evenings - frogging and knitting the same small swatch ball.

Tonight I got out my first pair of size 7 straight Clover Bamboos.

My Lucky Bamboos.

It was like night and day, the yarn flowed smoothly over the needles and my hands didn't fight as much. And yes, I did say "as much". I am still having trouble with knitting, but at least if I go slow and steady I can maybe enjoy it again instead of all this frustration I've been having. I have been picking up a worsted acrylic preemie hat for social knitting and getting by for a while now.

Now I can maybe make my husband a scarf before summer since he chose the yarn, put it in my Christmas stocking and requested said scarf?


1 comment:

Nittany Knits said...

Missed you tonight at Sit'n Knit